Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Please, save the last bite for me.

It´s November and I´m walking around in jeans and a T shirt. Now THIS is weather I can get used to! I might die when I come home to IN for X mas and have all of my bare skin covered with just my eyes showing like an Alaskan Eskimo.

Nothing too terribly exciting happened today although last night my favorite soccer player was injured. He´s out for four months. BUMMER. He kind of did this hoppy thing and tore lots of ligaments in his knee along with broken bones. Good times.

The bank continues to crack me up here. Instead of writing someone a check they give you their account number, which is a zillion numbers long, then you go into the bank where there is one line for the entire city, give the woman the account number thats a zillion numbers and she asks your name. I miss you checks.

Then we went to the Moroccan store, we´re pretty much daily visitors. Here they sell anything from mouse traps to shower curtains to fingernail polish to mops. All CHEAP. It´s kind of embarrasing really because I´m pretty sure the guy knows us by name. I like how he talks though, it´s like the Godfather, but with a really high pitch like he just got kneed in the balls. (As I type this there is a fly buzzing around my head and I want to jump off of a bridge with an anchor strapped to my ankle).

Today we went to the park and there is a ¨festival of nations¨ going on. There are tents from various countries where they sell earrings, clothes, trinkets, etc .Ya, I´m pretty sure the earrings that I saw from ¨Russia¨ that were 25 euros weren´t from Russia. Why? I saw the same exact pair being sold on the street corner by a midget for 2 euros.

I´m not sure how I feel about the invasion of American restaurants here. I must admit I am SO glad Starbucks is here, but otherwise it´s kind of getting out of control. I have to laugh when I walk down the street and I see Kentucky Fried Chicken. Here in Spain there is McDonalds, Burger King, Pizza Hut, KFC, Dunkin Donuts (in Madrid) and now....drum roll please. ...you´ll never guess. Do you have an idea yet ? Go on, keep guessing. Ok, Ok. I´ll tell you. Are you ready? HOOTERS. I know, I know, I should apply!

I bought a book today in Spanish. Wish me luck.

It kind of bothers me that the dog sits right by my side at every meal, looking at me with that look like if I don´t feed her she might die of starvation. Her eyebrows even move like Charlie Chaplins, staring at me, watching me put every single bite into my mouth. It drives me insane that I always end up giving her the last bite. The bite that I long for and look forward to during every meal. The last bite, the bite of satisfaction like YES I conquered this meal. But, I can´t help it and I give in, throwing her the last bite instead of savoring it, she devours it like a shark devours it´s prey. Gone, in two seconds flat. Tonight I didn´t mind giving her the last bite, it was a fish head.

I´m out, like my pumpkins candle.
sF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home