Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween

It´s been four whole days since I´ve written on my blog (GASP). I´ve been having blog withdrawl. It´s not because I didn´t WANT to write on my blog, it´s just that I´ve had company. (Hi M!) That´s right, it´s a holiday time here in Spain and Mon and Tues they have off. What a surprise! I´m pretty sure there´s a holiday here at least every three weeks. Working for an entire month in a row is against their religion, or so it seems.

I saw two quasi celebrities this past weekend. 1)Faroquito. What an @ss. There he was sitting with his gypsy possy in the corner of the bar with his hair and the suit, with the suit and the hair thinking he was all worthy to be called the Godfather or something. This is how the story goes. He was a nobody, an OK dancer who is a thoroughbred gypsy. He kills a guy by driving like the sidestreets are the Indy 500. That´s right, just runs over a gramps crossing the street and gets off, clean, nothing, famous. Nice.
2)Miguel. Saw him at the same bar, but a different night. No worries here folks: I realize I¨m starting to sound like an alcoholic, I went for the music. No really, I did. Anyways, he was on the show ¨Big Brother¨ last season, now he´s famous. Fame....it´s lame.

Man, bars and night clubs are hilarious. What the HECK are the girls doing in the bathroom that´s taking so long, this is what I want to know. The bar had ONE stall, first of all WHO DOES THAT? So, I think there were two girls ahead of me and I waited 20 minutes. TWENTY minutes. How long does it take to go pee and wipe? Maybe a courtesty hand wash too and I promise you ladies that doesn´t take TWENTY minutes. But, this is my theory. So ,we wait in line FOREVER so then when we get in it´s like YES this is MY TIME! It´s glorious, no music, no smoke, no evil gypsy guy with a bad mullet staring at me, just me myself and , well, u know the rest. So, we go to the bathroom (after papering the throne of course) we touch up the make up, brush the hair, heck, I think some girls have dry cleaning kits they whip out and steam it up for a few minutes heck why not? ¨I¨ve waited this long¨ they say to themselves. ¨This is MY Bathroom time!¨

Have you ever watched people dance in night clubs? No wonder people have to drink to have a good time, otherwise you just think about how incredibly stupid everyone looks and then die of embarrasment. Speaking of embarrasing. My friend and I were walking to the club and stopped on the median. As we go to cross the street I hear this ¨eeeeeeekkk¨and I look over and she´s laying flat on her stomach in the middle of the road. Ouch. Apparently her heels got caught in her jeans. So then she just jumped up real quick, grabbed her show that flew off in mid air and said; ¨I got it lets go.¨ YES! Classic, lets just pretend this never happened move. It works every time. Almost.

So, today I really had to go. We´re in the middle of the city and I HAD to go to the bathroom. We stopped at this café and I went. One stall again of course. So, I papered the throne and I was sitting down and in the ¨go¨position. As I look over I saw a Cockroach. I saw my dead grandmother in heaven at that moment because I entered the heavely realms. WHAT is a cockroach doing in my space? I mean, they are all over the place here in Spain, but come on, not in restaurant bathrooms please. So, I wasn´t sure what to do. Get up and run or push as hard as I could. I couldn´t hold it, so I chose option B. Thank God the Cockroach didn´t move, but I was staring at it the whole time thinking, ¨There is a cockroach watching me go.¨ So, I finished as quick as I could and was debating on the handwashing. I know, gross. So, I´ll have you know I decided to sacrifice my body at the death grip of a cockroach and wash my hands, and then the lights went out and I died again. You see, the lights are on timers and apparently I was there for too long. I let out a yelp and ran for dear life. I´m pretty sure my pants were still unbuttoned. My heart hurts.

Things that are stylish in Spain at the moment 1)Long beaded necklaces 2)boots 3)scarves 4)belts 5) half body sweaters

Things that Spaniards THINK are cool at the moment 1)mullets 2)short baby bangs 3)super layers 4)not wearing helmets on motos 5)serving food at a restaurant whenever they feel like it

Ok, so to elaborate on number 4. How hilarious is it that people wear helmets but don´t fasten them. Hmm. That´s gonna help. Jack@ass.

5) I loved the fact that two of my friends were done eating their meal today by the time I got mine. Now THATS service.

Happy Halloween! I mean, it´s not really celebrated here, but don´t you even doubt for one second that I´m not doing my part in bringing it over the Ocean. That´s right folks. We bought a pumpkin today, carved it and everything. It´s on the porch right now glowing it´s little pumpkin face off. It´s probably the only one in Spain, but that´s just great, cuz it´s Sara representing the US of A. Also, made carmel apples tonight too thanks to my mom who sent the carmels over.

YES I was trying to recap what I used to be for Halloween through the years when I was little and this is what I came up with: Big Bird, Witch, Pumpkin, Bat, Scary mask, 50s flapper girl, princess. Ya, that´s all I can remember. But, I do remember trick or treating with my friends and we thought the coolest house ever was the one who gave us coca cola. Simply amazing. The costume parties at school, sugar, donuts, cider, pumpkin patches, leaves, trick or treating. I miss you Halloween.
It won´t be long until all of that is here. It´s just a matter of time.

Spreading Halloween joy to the ends of the Earth,
Sara

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home