Friday, October 28, 2005

It´s off to leprosy camp we go!

I was woken up this morning by a phone call. A very important one actually. For the past two months I´ve been looking for an extra job outside ministry. It´s next to impossible. Anyways, I thought it would be fun to work at Starbucks and they called today. So, after talking to the lady for awhile I mentioned that I didn´t have my Visa yet and she was pretty much like, ¨adios¨ I then crawled in my bed and pulled all of the covers over my head like a small child. Why don´t you just send me to leprosy camp? So ya, it doesn´t make any sense because I´m supposed to have a VISA but then the VISA people say I´m supposed to have a job that will have the company sponsor me to get a VISA. Hmm? I guess I´ll continue to live in leprosy camp until all of my skin falls off and I die a slow and painful death.

We went to the grocery store again today. Just for a few minutes though. They have this stuff here called colonia de baño. Anyways, it´s this stuff that they´ve had since the beginning of Spain and they put it on after they bathe. It´s basically just like rubbing alcohol and it reminds me of a geriatric ward. Not a big fan. I was reminded because his mom was smelling a bottle because hers is almost out and I was thinking PLEASE NO because every time I go in the bathroom after she´s put it on I can´t breathe. It´s like someone punched me in the stomach, real hard.

By the way, I think the neighbor lady totally hates me now. (ever since the dog incident) I walked out of the elevator yesterday and she didn´t even say hi. Ouch.

I went for a run again tonight and the sky was purple. Just like a crayola crayon. You know, normal purple in a normal Crayola crayon box, not this crap about 36 Crayons or 585 like they probably have now. No, I´m talking early 80s Crayola. I love you Crayola. I have yet to see a crayon here. Crayon, that´s a weird word. Say it three times in a row.

I took the dog with me again. No real serious mishaps besides all of this pooping and peeing stuff. It´s always a mystery where she´s going to let loose.

I saw a cows liver being cut up into tiny pieces in the kitchen tonight. Gross. They eat everything here, including the noses of pigs, which is served with...hair.

Dealing with leprosy,
Sara

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home