Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Supermarket sweep

Around 4 a.m. That seems to be my normal bed time these days. Why you ask? I have no idea. Usually it´s because someone is screaming outside, or the TV is too loud, but last night it was because the baby chics were squawking all night long. That was a new experience. There are four of them by the way! Five were born, but only four survived. I saw some more being born this morning. It´s gross because there is blood and everything! ewww. I´ve never tried to sleep with baby chics in the same room. Finally I put them in a box, made a lightbulb concoction (or however you spell that) and marched them to the kitchen. Then I shut the door. Finally, silence.

This morning I went to the supermarket. I´m not used to these small aisles. What was the designer thinking when he designed these aisles?? I´ll tell you what he was thinking. He was thinking that one small midget would be in the store using a mini midget cart. That´s what he was thinking. It´s ridiculous! It´s like a one way street, but with a cart trying to get by on each side. Which is totally normal. Of course there are going to be people that want to go both ways, but midget designer man wasn´t thinking of that at the time. So, we are in the beverage aisle trying to get some Fanta. (Let me just preface this by saying that I´m the kind of shopper that´s like get it and go. I hate dilly dallying around). So, now that you are all aware of that all I wanted to do was get my freaking fanta and go. But I couldn´t get around this lady who had a cart with nothing in it. She was seriously picking up every single drink on the shelf and slowly turning each bottle. Are you serious? You know who I´m talking about. Those people that take 60 minutes to decide whether they are going to buy Coke or Pepsi. I can´t handle it. I seriously had to hold my arm back, otherwise I would have decked her in the face and said, ¨Get the HECK out of the way.¨ FINALLY I got around her and she still had nothing in her cart. She obviously has lots of free time on her hands because she spends at least 4 hours at the market...I guarantee it!

So, I sent my friend some earrings in the mail last week for her B day ( to the States) I talked to her today and was like ¨Did you get the earrings I sent you?¨ She proceeded to tell me she received an envelope with a gigantuous whole in it, but the letter survived. What the heck? Who DOES that? I hate postal workers. Who rips a hole in an envelope and steals what´s inside?! I´ll rip a hole in his or her face. Oh sorry, I¨m feeling hostile tonight.

So, remember I told you how the dog has her period? Well, so, it´s gross because we have tile floors but it like drips, so we´re always walking after her with the mop in tow. Anyways, so today Julia was like, put something on her! So, I went and found a pair of old underwear and put it on her. I think it was the funniest thing I´ve ever seen in my life. The dog with my underwear. The contraption worked though. No more stains!

Why do guys have nipples? There´s a thought for you.

So, usually when we eat dinner the TV is always on, and dinner around here is ten pm. Well, that´s usually when the movies are on. So tonight this couple was totally doing it in the movie and they were making the noises and everything. Also, you know at that exact moment there was a lull in our conversation. Talk about uncomfortable. The sad thing is everyone is so used to the TV and craziness that´s on the TV that I don´t even think they thought twice about it.

I´m off, like a toupé in a windstorm.
Sara

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home