Sunday, October 16, 2005

Happy Trails to you!

Nothing too hilariously funny happened to me today so don´t get your hopes up!

I´ve officially found ...I´m gonna say the most wonderful smell in the WORLD! I know, I know that´s a pretty big statement...the world is a pretty big place, and I haven´t seen all of it, but in my 24 years of life this is it. It´s a flower called Dama de Noche. It´s a flower here in Spain that´s around during the summer and it´s amazing. Every time I smell it I close my eyes and breathe in, and I never want to smell anything else again in my life, just that. It kind of reminds me of lilacs, but it´s way better. It´s not too sweet, but just sweet enough. Thank you LORD for this flower.

I´ve kind of got a headache. People talk too loud here, like everyone is hearing impaired or something. I feel like we´re all in a big TV and I just want to reach out and turn down the volume. It´s all the time though! It´s not just during fights or anything like that, nope, it´s pretty much constantly. I´m never really sure if people are cussing each other out or telling them they´ve found the love(r) of their life. I am not sure I´ll ever get used to it!

People are funny here. I think they kind of look a little too long at others. Today I witnessed one of the funniest things I´ve seen in awhile. It was great. I was sitting in a park area and this girl walked by a group of about 6 guys. She walked by and they just ate her alive with their eyes. It was pretty sick actuallly. (Now I know what guys are doing when girls walk by). Also, I went to a café with a friend of mine. She just had a baby 6 weeks ago. Her baby was with us. OK, what´s the deal with grandmas telling other women what to do with their babies? Today there was this table of people and it was so obvious they were talking about the baby. But, a few weeks ago a different friend of mine has a baby about the same age. A random group of old ladies came up to her and told her she needed to put more clothes on her baby and she should give her a bottle. WHAT? Who are these people? I would have been like shut up you old hag...I mean I would have ripped her dentures out and thrown them into the ocean...I mean...I dunno what I would have done, but that stuff just doesn´t happen at home.

I have an incubator in my room. How random is that? When was the last time someone told you that? Anyways, we saw the baby chics inside! We turned off all the lights and out of a reading lamp made a doo hicky where we put an empty toilet paper roll up to the light and then you put the egg inside of that. It´s so cool! I could see the eyes of the chic and everything! Even veins. I can´t wait til their born!

My bunnies escaped for awhile yesterday. Now I know what happy trails really means.

Dreaming of when the whole world will smell of Dama de Noche,

Sara

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home