Thursday, October 20, 2005

Another one bites the dust.

I am so tired! For some reason I can never get to sleep! Last night I fell asleep around 4:30 in the morning. What is up with that? I had coffee during the day at 11 am but surely the caffeine wasn´t still in my system!? Don´t you hate that when all you want to do is sleep, and you can´t? That´s the worse. Especially when I was in highschool. I started school at 7:28 am or some ridiculous hour like that so I forced myself to go to bed at 10:30 (which by the way I haven´t gone to bed at 10:30 since then...or gotten up early for that matter). But it was the absolute WORSE when I couldn´t get to sleep, because I KNEW I was going to be tired the next day. I´d always be like..OK don´t look at the clock but then I always would. It´s funny the mind games we play, or maybe that´s just me? Also, another pet peeve of mine is when I´m woken up by something...that drives me crazy, because then I can´t get back to sleep! Do you have one of those mom that like would vacuum on a Saturday morning at 9am when you were trying to sleep? Classic.

So, we went to the Campo today. The Campo is A´s parents other house in the country. This is where all of our animals are...although our rabbits and dog are here for now. Anyways, another chicken died today!!!!!!! Dang! What if that weird poultry virus is coming this way?! No chicken for you! So, we did what any other dead chicken owner would do, scooped her up, put her in a garbage bag and sent her happily to the next life. I think she was old though...who knows?

Well, I went to the store to get my cell phone fixed today. It´s five months old and already not working. Interesting. I probably won´t get it back for a week or so...that´s quick here. We´ll see. The lady had the classic attitude of pretty much anyone that works at a store here. They have the attitude like ¨What the heck do you want and why are you bothering me?¨ Usually you go in and there´s no one at the counter, and they pretty much come out when they feel like it. She didn´t smile the whole time we were there. Sometimes I feel like dancing just like Napolean Dynamite in the middle of the store to make people laugh, hey why not, I´ve got the moves! I´m not sure it would work though. They might call security.

I went running in the park again today and I saw my favorite dog! I´ve always wanted a Wiemerraner (or however you spell it) I think they are amazing and I have not seen ONE here in Spain. The other day I saw one on a car commerical and I was so excited! Well today I saw one in the park! I almost wet myself while running, which would have been a challenge but probably could have been done. I wanted to run up to the guy and say where did you get that? But once again, didn´t want to come across as a psychopath. But, I did stare for quite awhile. Man I love those dogs!

So, soccers pretty big here. That´s an understatement. Real Betis is my team.....forcefully because that´s Antonios families team. They played tonight, but unfortunately lost. Real Madrid is also a Spanish team, but I hate them. Anyways, David Beckham is on that team and he and his wife ¨Posh Spice´ have 3 kids. It was in the newspaper the other day that she´s NEVER read a book in her life. First of all that´s just sad, second of all, why would she ever admit that? She has three sons and she just recently said that she would like to have a baby daughter so she can paint her daughters nails. Good reason to want to have a daughter. Anyways, I´ve gotten off on a tangent..what I wanted to rant about was how much money they make. What the heck? They make like a jillion dollars a game......just to play soccer ? (No offence) Like why don´t teachers make a jillion dollars a class or trash men 4 jillion dollars a week? Why do sports players or actors get so much money ? For example FRIENDS ok 1 million dollars an episode...who does that? Anyways, those are my thoughts.

I´m out..like crimped hair.
SF

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm amazed at your life in Spain! It's better than any soap opera or reading about sports stars in magazines. You could call this collection "As Spain Turns" and sell it for jillions of dollars! If I get mentioned do I get a small stipen? Ha
I miss you Feese and are very glad I can tune in to this website to read about you and life in Spain. God bless chica!

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home