Tuesday, December 06, 2005

back in the USS...of A

My sincere apologies for neglecting. I've been preparing for my trip across the ocean, and here I sit, in Elkhart, Indiana. I'll be home for three weeks for those of you who want to call me. And wish me a happy B day on Fri Dec 9th. Wink wink.

At any rate, let me just remind you all of how much I hate flying with my entire being. I mean, really, utterly despise it!

I woke up at 4 am. My flight left at seven and I didn't have to be there until six or so, but I dunno, my body clock woke me up and my stomach was all hurting. I wasn't really nervous because I've flown a zillion times, I think just stressed is a good word. Just because I hate flying.

So, I got up and started to get ready etc. A few days ago I had gotten this msg. on my phone that my flight had been changed to leave at seven thirty, so I got to the airport at like six forty am. Well, the flt. was still scheduled for seven. So, of course the guy was P.O.d to the MAXIMUM and he was like, " You should have been here earlier, you REALLY should have been here earlier." Great, good start to the 24 hours of traveling hell. So, it was fine, but I felt like a jerk because I didn't even really get to say goodbye to A because we were in such a hurry and stressed out. UGH. So, the flight to Madrid was like 30 minutes. Besides the two screaming babies that I had on each side of me, it was fine.

Then, I get to Madrid and had to wait three hours at the airport. Since I was late in Seville they didn't have time to check my luggage all the way through so I had to check it in again. I had no idea where to go and I was so hot. By this time I already felt gross and needed to change because I was so sweaty. I had to walk eighty miles to another terminal with a suitcase, another small rolly one, a back pack and a huge winter jacket. SWEATY. But, it was fine, until I wanted to buy bottled water and all of the machines were broken. THIRSTY. I hate flying!

They played the worst three movies in the history of the world on this flight. I had never HEARD of any of them. Horrible. As I entered the plane there was some " loud discussion" going on between a flight attendant and a customer. So, of course it was the guy that sat directly behind me. He was super jewish with his little beanie hat on and he was talking to the flight attendant about how his food had to be kosher and he had called ahead blah blah blah. I wanted to kill this man by the end of the flight. (note:I have nothing against the Jewish religion, this man just happened to be jewsih)

And.. He was fat. I mean, not to be MEAN but he WAS! He weighed like 350 lbs. And the whole flight he was kicking the back of my chair and EVERY time he stood up or his wife (which was a lot) he was grab my head rest and pull it all the way back. After sitting in a small space that smells bad for nine hours and the air is dry and the last place I want to be is there do you know HOW annoying that was? I was seriously on the verge of a breakdown. Then he had the never to ask me to put my seat back up. Heck no, I'm not going to sit for nine hours in super erect position just because you are fat. Sorry sweetie, lose some weight. Oops. I suppose I'm bitter.

My seat partner was a man from Masadonia (or however you spell that) I was having a hard time understanding his english, but he kept talking and talking and talking, and some more talking. This was also extremely annoying. Those are pretty much the only highlights of the trip. Other than the fact that I stood before the plane stopped and I almost flew to the front. Amazing.

So, In chicago I got my luggage which is a plus. Usually it's lost for a few days. This made me so nervous because all of my Christmas presents are in it! I got in at two thirty and I wasn't going to get home until ten pm! THE BUS!
But, all is well. I ate at Hacienda, my favorite restaurant in the world, showered, and slept in glorious bliss. It's sixty five degrees in Seville...5 here.

Peace
Sara

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

beanie hat = yarmulke

11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home