Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Hair Shmare

Today could have been better.

I decided that it was haircut day. I´ve been thinking about this for a long time, so today I finally went to the salon that looked the coolest. But was I wrong. I should have known when I walked in and there was absolutely no one in the joint. I asked if people came later in the afternoon and she was like, ¨Not really.¨ I should have just turned around and walked out right there, but I stayed. For 3 torturous hours.

I wanted highlights. At home, I always get highlights with foil. In this place they used ¨the cap.¨ Let me just preface all of this by saying that I have the most sensitive head on the planet. So, two ladies placed the cap on my head and started tweezing small strands of hair through it. For five minutes I felt like killer bees were stinging my scalp, or fire ants were making there nests in my hair..you get the drift. I was in so much pain that I seriously had tears streaming down my face, but oh, that didn´t stop the tag team. Finally they finished and placed me under the fire. I was relaxed for about five minutes thinking that I had made it through the hard part...if I only knew. Then, they take me over to the sink and RIP the cap off of my head. It´s like a swim cap with zillions of holes in it....this did not feel good. I think I suffered whiplash.

So, the lady starts to wash my hair. Then the zillion treatments started. But after washing my hair she combed through it with a tiny comb RIPPING my hair out every time. It was like when I had long hair and I went on a speedboat without putting my hair in a pony tail and then I tried to comb it out, not fun. So, then she put some gel stuff on it, wrapped it up in tin foil, used a hot iron, then washed it again. Also, she washed it with cold water and the soap dripped into my ears. Miserable. Then, she RIPPED it out again and did some other treatment. She rapped my head in this stuff and then I had to go under another drier. But, before I was under the drier I had to let my hair ¨cool¨ or something for about five minutes. The lady left and I felt like I was an injured fawn left for dead. My head hurt so bad and my face was so red. I wanted to scream at the lady and say, ¨If you rip my hair out one more time I will kill you.¨ But, I didn´t. So then it was dried and washed AGAIN: Seriously...is this all necessary? I have the cleanest hair in Spain. I mean, I´m all up for changes, but they seem to be bad ones.

FINALLY it gets to the haircut part. If you know me, I hate getting my haircut. It makes me so nervous and I get all knotted up inside and I sweat a lot. So, I had taken a picture thinking OK, she´ll see the pic this can´t go wrong. WRONG. Layers are very popular here in Spain right now. She she just starts chopping away...snip. snip. snip.sniiiiiiiiiiiiip. My hair was flying all over the place like body parts during WW1.

I thought I was going to die. But what do you do in mid cut? So, the cut I survived and then the other lady came over and I had not one, but TWO women blowdrying and combing my hair. It was like I was doing the neck stretch or something, back and forth back and forth. My head was throbbing. Oh by the way, you can´t even see my highlights. I paid 75 euros for this torturous hell only to get a pair of free sunglasses and to have the exact same haircut as...

Jennifer Aniston that was popular ten years ago on Friends.

Bald as an eagle
SF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home