Wednesday, November 09, 2005

mini zoo- bonsai

So, I´ve been trying to get a Visa and it´s tough work. Luckily Antonio´s mom knows a gal who works at the place I have to go to get the papers etc. Good thing, because the people go at five am to start waiting in the zillion hour line. So, we went and whistled at her through the window (in a professional like manner of course) to come. The window had a board holding up the blinds. Nice, it´s 2005, you think they could get that fixed? So, she came and we talked and after I was talking to her in Spanish she asked me if I knew and understood Spanish. I suck. After our conversation she told me nothing new that I didn´t already know and what she did tell me didn´t make any sense. I´m pretty much never getting a VISA.

We went to look at plants. Do you know that bonsai trees cost anywhere from 12 to 600 euros?? Wow. Also, there were trees that were in the shape of dolphins and other exotic animals that were almost 2000 euros. Can you imagine paying that much for a tree? How funny is it that at the greenery place it was also randomly a mini zoo. There was some weird animal I´d never seen, plus some pigs, goats, bunnies, and two monkeys. Who knew? I don´t think they were for sale, although that would have been nice if you purchase anything over 1000 euros if they´d throw in a monkey or two.

I went to visit Antonio´s grandma again today who´s 96. She told me she couldn´t find her donkey. She must have misplaced it somewhere. She also told me that she knew my parents and that she hoped to see them soon. Also, that she liked to dance but now she couldn´t because she has a cold. She can´t move from the chair, let alone dance, but it would have been a sight to see. I danced for her and she started laughing. Not just a chuckle but a full fledged laugh. That totally made my day, oh and when she kissed my cheek goodbye she barely gummed it off.

sf

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home