Saturday, July 08, 2006

sweet 16

Have you ever seen this show on MTV? Out of control. I watched 3 episodes earlier today just because I couldn't peel my eyes off of the TV. My brain couldn't comprehend what it was actually taking in.

This one girls dad paid 50,000 just to rent a place. 50,000! This is probably more money than I'll see in my lifetime. They all got to go to the car dealership and pick out whatever car they wanted. Mercedes, beamers, audi..you name it. This one girls dad even gave her TWO brand new cars...one for the weekends of course.

I was excited because when I turned 16 we found a 10 year used pontiac grand-am and I was in heaven. Can you imagine these girls being offered us normal peoples first cars? They probably would have started laughing and said, "No, really daddy, where is MY car?"

I am so glad I grew up in Osceola and my friends and I would cruise 20 and go to hacienda thinking we were awesome. Thank God for Gap jeans and cornfields. I wouldn't want it any other way. I love you Indiana.

And as for those girls who are so spoiled they can't even think straight...have a nice life...because when you wake up and daddy isn't there ...well, you can borrow my pontiac grand-am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home