Thursday, July 06, 2006

howdy

I hope you all had a fabulous fourth of July. It feels like it's been "family week" since Monday as I've seen several aunts, uncles, cousins, and the like. We always have a gigantic party at our house on the 4th and we were pretty much freaking out when we thought it was going to rain. What does one do with 40 people in the family room? Monopoly, cherades? I think not. Thank goodness no rain was in sight so the boat, sun, and drinking lots of pop was on the agenda for the day. I hadn't seen some of my family since the fourth of July 2 summers ago but the mullets are still there and the tattoos haven't worn off. Well, the lovely naked lady that my grandfather had tattooed on his arm in the navy is getting kind of saggy. She's aged well though. My grandma said it's his girlfriend...how romantic. My family is hilarious Jerry Springer all the way, but I love them so much and wouldn't trade them for anything!!

All of my cousins my age have at least two kids so I'm the slow one...my bad! I'll have to get on that soon...ya right!!

There is no agenda for the fourth, we just sit and hang out, eat lots and drink lots of Dr. Pepper and Mt. Dew and then head out onto our boat to watch the fireworks. I felt like I needed a swivel head because I couldn't keep up. It felt like a war zone and at one point in time someone was aiming their fireworks a little too low for my comfort. What if I lost an eye or something?! Cool!

Most hilarious comment of the day was when my mom was trying to talk about "tree huggers" and she kept saying " hip huggers" I almost wet myself right then and there. How you get those two mixed up is beyond me!

It's just been all about catching up and there is no better way to do that than to have a bottle of wine to aid in the relaxing process. So, I went and bought one and didn't even get carded. I can't tell you how old and sad I felt at that moment. I wanted to scream and say CARD ME but instead I felt like I should just go ahead and start buying myself Depends because life is over as I know it.

It's weird being home and going to places like Applebees (Hi Katie!) and Oscos and the dry cleaner. Just normal stuff that no one ever thinks about on a day to day basis but man is it nice to be able to go into a place and chard it to my dads account.

Until next time America...keep hugging those hips

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home