Monday, July 03, 2006

Memory Lane

Man, my life has been a complete whirlwind since I've been home. My parents have had me on their rigorous social schedule and I can' t keep up. I've seen more of their friends than my own. I've eaten more food and drank more alcohol in the past week than I have my entire life. Weddings and parties=alcohol which is fine by me, but slurping down those fruity drinks I forgot there was a handful of tequilla mixed in...until the next morning when I was so gracefully reminded.

On Saturday I was in W. Lafayette for a wedding and it was insane to be back at Purdue. Just driving down the streets brought back a floodgate of all of the memories I had there and I even saw my X boyfriend out at the bars! PU has changed so much in that they've added a ton of new buildings and restaurants but in everything else it's still the same. I got a little depressed in a way because I still can't believe that stage of my life is finished, done, forever. I feel like I was just in high school taking the SAT's and trying to figure out where to go and now I've been out for 3 years. Where did all of that time go and why can't I ever get it back!?

Now life is a blur of weddings and probably soon to follow baby showers. Oh how I wish I could be 19 again! All of these wedding presents are really emptying out the pocketbook!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home