Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Superstar!!!!!!!!!!

Today I had coffee with a Spanish girl. This is quite possibly..a miracle. You see, I´ve been trying to make Spanish friends ever since I´ve lived here. It´s pretty much impossible to meet girls since I have no place of employment nor am I studying. (Man, now I know how you guys feel). At any rate, a few weeks ago Antonio and I went to dinner with another couple, and this couple brought their friends along....and THIS is how I met a new Spanish girl. You got that? It´s all about connections. Otherwise, what am I supposed to do...walk into a store and say ¨Hey girls, be my friend...or die.¨ Ya, that prob wouldn´t work out so well. So, as I was walking to the place I must admit I was a bit nervous. Having coffee with a new friend is somewhat intimidating. It´s like a job interview only this time for friendship. Maybe at some point in time we can buy those special best friends necklaces...the hearts that are cracked down the middle! Remember those?!

Ok back on track..so we talked for 2.5 HOURS! I spoke in spanish for that long...no wonder I´m exhausted. Who knows what she said? haha. Actually, she works for a newspaper and she is doing a story on foreigners that come to Seville and decide to stay. She whipped out her recording device and boom, did the interview. Oh, and she also took my pic. So, I´m going to be in the newspaper! How hilarious is that? What a fabulous day..a new friend AND I´m famous.

I also said goodbye to the man at Starbucks. His name is Ishmael. I told him I´d be gone for the summer. Then I had to wipe the tears away from his sad coffee eyes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stacey Gibson said...

YEAH! i'm so glad you found a friend...now you don't have to talk to yourself as much! but seriously...meeting friends can be such a chore...i'm still trying to find some good ones around here...I've had good luck so far, but keeping up with them is the next hard part....when are you back in the states??? how long?? maybe we can drive our moped up to see you!

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home