Friday, June 02, 2006

Is there a Doctor in the house?



Yup. Here´s one. My favorite one of all time. It had been too long, nearly six months since I had tasted this glorious gift from above. But yesterday, I found a store that had it. I had been searching for over a year and yesterday I found the Doc.

¨Dr Pepper Company is the oldest major manufacturer of soft drink concentrates and syrups in the United States. It is America's unique flavor and was created, manufactured and sold beginning in 1885 in the Central Texas town of Waco.


Dr Pepper is a “native Texan,” originating at Morrison's Old Corner Drug Store. It is the oldest of the major brand soft drinks in America. Like its flavor, the origin of Dr Pepper is out-of-the-ordinary. Charles Alderton, a young pharmacist working at Morrison's store, is believed to be the inventor of the now famous drink. Alderton spent most of his time mixing up medicine for the people of Waco, but in his spare time he liked to serve carbonated drinks at the soda fountain. He liked the way the drug store smelled, with all of the fruit syrup flavor smells mixing together in the air. He decided to to create a drink that tasted like that smell. He kept a journal, and after numerous experiments he finally hit upon a mixture of fruit syrups that he liked.¨

It´s kind of disappointing to think I´m drinking how a drug store used to smell, but hey, it´s still glorious.

Funny Dr. Pepper slogans..

¨With changing times came changing slogans. To broaden its appeal across the nation, Dr Pepper hailed itself as "the most misunderstood soft drink," and then in the 1970s became "the most original soft drink ever in the whole wide world." In 1977, Dr Pepper advertising was marked by the famous "Be a Pepper" campaign, and today Dr Pepper's slogan is "Be You.¨

Here is one I came up with...

¨Help me doc I´m injured¨ or ¨Is there a doctor in the house?¨

¨Liquid medicine¨

¨Fluid of life¨

I love you Dr. Pepper and I always will.

Madly deeply truly.....................................................................tori oops i mean sara

1 Comments:

Blogger Stacey Gibson said...

amen to that sister sara...dr. peppa in da house!!! I'm so proud of you for finding the DP in Espana...congratulations are in order. Me and the Pepper are native Texans. I even visited the only DP bottling factory that STILL uses the ORIGINAL recipe from 1885 (w/ REAL sugar). Dang...it's good.

yeah for Dr. Pepper!!

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home