Tuesday, May 30, 2006

So, Question..

¨So, when are you getting married?¨ This seems to be the question of the hour folks. I called my family yesterday as they were all together for the holiday. My mom put my 83 year old grandpa on the phone and the first thing he says to me was not ¨hello sara¨ or ¨i miss you¨ it was ¨When are you getting married?¨ I almost choked on my water.

I hate this question..just so we´re clear on that.

Umm..when my boyfriend asks me? I mean, what am I supposed to say to that?

Apparently my grandma recently told my mother I better hurry and marry before I´m too old to have children.

So, what..I turned 25 and now I´m automatically in the danger zone for dried up ovaries and curdled milk?

Here in Spain it´s absolutely normal for women to have kids in their 40s. So, when I am feeling rushed at 25 I just want to scream BACK OFF in a devilish typed voice. You know, the voice that when someone is robbing a bank and they hold hostages they use that funky machine to change their voice. Ya, THAT VOICE.

So, the next time you want to ask me ¨So, when are you getting married?¨ Swallow your tongue first.

Happily not married,
SF

1 Comments:

Blogger Stacey Gibson said...

well, as soon as you do get married they'll just start asking "when are you having babies?" so get used to it...next in line after that is something probably equally annoying, but I'm still stuck on the #2 most annoying question....BLeh...can't ppl just mind their own business??? for cryin' out loud....
relating,
stacey

9:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home