Monday, July 17, 2006

heat wave

Why is it so dang hot? I came here to get AWAY from the heat this summer. All I have to do is walk inside my home and it's like an iceberg. EXCELLENT. Being home I'm noticing how it's always FREEZING in public places. I'm not even talking a comfortable room temp here, I'm talking like I need a hat, gloves, scarf, and some long johns just to go inside the grocery store or any restaurant. However, I was just informed by my lovely mother that IN is the coolest place in the US right now. It's 117 in N Dakota...ok that's just wrong.

I just got back from a weekend extravaganza in Indy to help my BFF look for wedding gowns. I'm exhausted. I went with her mom and 2 sisters. So, lets see, you take five women in a car driving to Indy and back=non stop gossip. Good times! We had a good trip and approx 20 dresses, a broken air conditioner, a few tears,3 excellent meals later we have found the dress. It's fabulous.

This sounds bad, but sitting there watching some of the girls come out with the dresses that they had chosen the only thing I could honestly ponder was " WHAT are they thinking?" I mean, some of them looked horrible!!! Isn't that the point to take people with you so they can go NOOOOOOOOOOO take that off immediately. Lying here is no good, but now they will wear an ugly dress and be forced to remember their bad choice for the rest of their life. Happily Ever After!
SF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home