Thursday, February 23, 2006

Watch out Torino

Holy Monkey´s it´s been forever since I´ve written. I´ve had blog withdrawl but my folks were here. My bad.

They were supposed to get here on Sunday, but arrived on Monday afternoon instead.......and just left for Italy today for the Olympics. Apparently they had the worst possible experience you could have while flying and everything that could have possibly gone wrong, did indeed go horribly wrong. At one point they even had their tickets cancelled and the lady told them they had to pay 1600 each if they wanted to re issue them. At this point my father grabbed her hand and ripped out each fingernail that she had. Or..at least that´s what he wanted to do. (They didn´t pay by the way)

They got here on Monday and their luggage arrived on Wed. night. So, they weren´t the happiest of campers. My mom wore my clothes and my dad wore Antonios. A even let him wear his underwear. Now that´s simply amazing. I washed my dads underwear by hand, my moms bra, and one night there was no water pressure so I had to hold the little knob that you raise so the water comes out of the shower head, the whole entire time my mom showered. I felt like a mother because I tucked my folks in at night, got their clothes out for them, got their water started. Well, they will be turning 60 in a few years so I´m getting a jump start on care taking! :O)

It was pretty much the quickest visit ever but they enjoyed the food, shopping, etc. Languages are hilarious and so I was exhausted..translating for the whole world. His folks don´t know english and mine dont know spanish and I think they thought it would just come to them. They would start talking to each other for about five mintutes and then realize oh..I have no clue what you´re saying. But, I think they got along fine. We saw as many sights as we could and we laughed when we saw a purse for 800 euros.

On a side note I quit my job on Tues. I pretty much remind myself of that part in Office Space where they don´t fire Milton (because they avoid confrontation at all costs) and just send him to the basement. Ya, that´s me. I dont even have the balls to talk to her, (well, i suppose that´s a good thing) so I text messaged her!! haha. I know, I´m def going to hell in a handbasket. But, when I had a puzzle and a kid came over and knocked it right out of my hand and a piece almost flew in my eye (and when I had to hold back the urge not to pick him up and slam him against the wall head first) I decided it was time to go.

The next job I have will be teaching ADULT english lessons.

Look for my parents on TV. They are the ones with the black and red olympic jackets holding a sign that says, ¨We love Sara¨

Unemployed for life,
SF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home