Tuesday, August 30, 2011

amish

I think Amish people are so interesting. Today we went to Shipshewana and bought some adorable things at adorable shops and took N on her first buggy ride. She was giddy and laughy and so darn happy I wanted to cry. Our driver was the same one that took A and I on a ride before we were married. I don't think he remembered us but I did! I asked him if he had electricity and he said no. I asked what he did when it got dark? I guess they have special lanterns. He has eight kids, 47 g kids and 13 g g kids. Apparently they get bored when it gets dark so head straight for the bedroom!! He used to be a farmer but has been driving the buggy for ten years. I wanted to ask "how do u wash your clothes? Where do u go to the bathroom?? Why can't you drive a car? Do you know what tivo is or internet? Have you ever heard of THE SITUATION? Do you know who lady ga ga is? Did u know that beyonce is prego? Since you have had some extra time on your hands do you know how many licks it takes to get the center of a tootsie pop?" But I didn't ask any of those questions...I just stared from the backseat at his suspenders and black hat wishing that I didn't know who THE SITUATION was and longing for the simplicity of all that is Amish.

1 Comments:

Blogger amberWIRE said...

Love it! You are so hilarious with your questions that you didn't ask. I also wish I did not know who THE SITUATION is.

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home