Wednesday, April 04, 2007

entertainment

Today at work I was doing something else so I couldn´t pick up Ángel at the exact moment he wanted and he was whining like an injured puppy. I looked at him and said, and I quote, ¨Tough Titties.¨ He sort of looked at me, I looked at him and then I started laughing so hard I thought I was going to create a six pack in a matter of minutes. (On top of the one I already have of course). First of all, who says tough titties? Second of all, to an eight month old baby. I´m obviously going to be THE BEST mom EVA´!

Then I got to thinking, where in the heck do the phrases come from that we use? Maybe it´s just in IN..I know: ¨It´s hotter than a popcorn fart out there¨ is def one of my favorites. Speaking of boobs...¨It´s colder than a witches tit¨ is another classic. Are any of these ringing a bell or is this just my crazy lunatic family that says these things?

Dagnabit is a favorite of my dads.

Here in the region that I live ¨andalucia¨ EVERYTHING is spoken as a simile or something similar.

One of my personal favorites, ¨Ella esta mas blanca que la teta de una monja.¨ Translation: She´s whiter than a nuns boob. You know it´s funny.

So, it´s like Friday for me today.......spring break! Tomorrow we head to Portugal until Sunday. You know I´m wearing my itsy bitsy teenie weenie yellow polka dot bikini. (I just wanted to type weenie).

Worlds greatest mother to be,
slf

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home