Thursday, February 02, 2006

teacher teacher

My life has been a complete whirlwind this entire week. As you know, I´ve been looking for a little joby joby teaching Engl and someone was brave enough to actually hire me...five hours a week. Yipee! So, I didn´t think I had to start teaching until next week and good thing..because I have never taught kids english in my lifetime. My classes are three to five year olds, four year olds, six year olds, then twelve year olds. I was able to observe at a friend of mines school on Monday (again, thinking I had plenty of time to figure out what I was doing) Oh, contrare..she calls me up on Mon night and was like¨you start tomorrow¨ Crap!!!

So, yesterday I saw the school for about five minutes and still had no clue what I would be doing that evening while I went to my boss´ house to eat lunch. We ate shrimp. Do you know how much I hate shrimp? Have you ever eaten over at someones house and had to FORCE something down your throat? They passed the bowl over and I ¨happily¨put a whole two on my plate. He was like, ¨Don´t u like shrimp¨ SURE I DO! was my reply...lie!

Then at five thirty I went to school and I had the three to five year olds. I had a lesson plan..we were going to do colors with balloons and they were going to draw faces on them.....that is not what happened. I had this idea of what the class was going to be like, and then I handed out the balloons.......so the kids were like BALLOONS!!!!!!!!!!!! They all started screaming as loud as they could and running around like they were on speed. Can I just remind you that I don´t even like kids. I´m just doing this to try to get experience...after two days..I´ve had enough! ha ha. So, kids are screaming, running around, then this kid is crying because another kid jabbed a pen in his neck, then this three year old threw SCISSORS across the room. It all went down hill from there............

Today I had four year olds and I accidentally dropped a plastic Zebra on this girls face and she started crying. Oops. So, I said sorry and this other student kissed me and called me pretty. Today was a better day...but still a lot to be desired. Have you ever tried teaching a child to say ¨pick up your rubber (eraser) ¨ with a straight face? I didn´t think so.

Worst teacher in the history of mankind,
SF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home