Monday, May 26, 2014

mommies

It´s so interesting to me how every mom is just, different.

Some moms let their kids run around and get so dirty you cannot see their faces, while others are like ¨Junior! Do not even go near that puddle or you will never see the light of day!¨

Seville is an interesting city in that there is definitely a ¨separation of the classes¨

You have A)Pijos
                 B) Normal
                 C) Cani

Let me just tell you a little bit of each group so you have an idea.

The pijo group CAN be rich and come from money, but most of the time I think that they are not and just pretend they have it. They are the groups of people that always have a minimum of three kids, a full time nanny and housekeeper (although the mom is probably in the other room watching a soap opera) and they wear the MOST ridiculous clothing.  Dads usually tend to have Elvis like side burns, khaki pants, a polo shirt and then a sweater draping over their shoulders in case it is cold. This goes for all times of the year, even when it is 100 degrees outside. The mothers are just impeccable. They  are the women that walk out of the hospital weighing the same as before, hair and make up done, nails perfect etc. You get the picture. Ok, now the kids outfits are hilarious. I honestly think back to like 1945. HUGE prams that I have no idea how they would even get them in their cars, girls wear little bonnets, dresses that are ugly and tights. Boys wear tights until they are like seven with little onesies that have straps, it´s ridiculous! How can that even be comfortable or practical? Each of these girls dresses is minimum of like 100 euro. SO STUPID! So ya, I hate them all.

Next in group B you have....moi. Perfection.

Then group C Cani is kind of better known as the gypsy crew. The troublemakers of society.  Gold chains, kids not so clean, pregnant at a young age, neon clothing, too loud, always saying naughty words. The kind of crew that you go anywhere and their kids just keep crawling out of the woodwork and I´m always thinking to myself....WHY do they always have four hundred kids?!!!!

You get the drift.

So ya, interesting society eh?

Which group do you belong to?

Either way, going back to my original point...about mothers. My friend made an interesting comment the other day that I liked a lot. She said, ¨You are the best mother for your child. Not Jane Doe or the lady across the street, just you.¨   Me? Really?

But sometimes I ask N just to make sure ¨Do you want another mother, or Do you want to go to another family? ¨ SO FAR the answer has always been no. I´m just waiting for the day that it´s a yes.

Then I will have to look for a new mother, possibly in the ¨A¨group for her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home