Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I am the mother of a four year old.

I have a four year old daughter. Four. Years. Old.

So many things run through my head. I keep saying it over and over, but it just isn´t sinking in yet. FOUR. How can this be?

Yesterday, on the eve of her birthday I just kept playing that day over and over in my head. I seriously remember it like it was yesterday. All the phases of labor, the sweat (surprisingly no tears) until she was born and then the floodgates opened.

There she was a beautiful healthy baby girl. And now four years have sped by. I blinked and now I see a spunky, smart, crazy little chatterbox that is four years old. I see a girl who knows what she wants and stops at nothing to get it. I see a light shining, making everyone´s day around her better, I see fun, sensitivity, friendship and most of all love.

Everyone says it goes fast and when your child is born it seems like that just goes in one ear and out the other. You are exhausted, un showered and the days seem endless.

And now my daughter is four. I can´t ever get those days back of her scrunchy cutie position on my belly, of the coos, giggles and having her fall asleep in my arms.

Those days are gone. However, the future looks bright and exciting. Now I get sweet ¨I love you mama¨ with no warning. A puckered mouth for an impromptu kiss and a ¨you are beautiful mama¨ when I least expect it.

Children change your life. That you can be sure of.

Nora, happy fourth birthday. You are the love of my life and without you the world would not be as bright. Thank you for showing me what life can be like through your eyes. A wonderful, beautiful, magical place.

You will always be perfect in my eyes.

Happy Birthday monkey face.

Love,
Mama

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home