Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Indian party

Not many people I know associate with anyone from their high school let alone call them friends. So, when I tell people I'm getting together with my friends from high school they tend to look at me like I've just told them I'm a lesbian. There are at least 20 of us which makes it even more insane and we have the best of times.

Everyone came in for Sonia and Dhruvs engagement party. Sonia and Dhruv did not date in high school nor did they like each other. But now happily they are to be married next year, so you know this calls for a gigantic Indian party. The first time I learned what okra was it was at Dhruv's house. His parents used to throw fabulous parties with Indian Saris and bindis galore. It was nothing short of amazing.

So, the crew came into town on Friday night and I got home at 5:30 am. On Saturday I woke up at 2:30 in the afternoon which is hilarious because I had to get ready to leave for the engagement party pretty much at 5:30.

The engagement party was like a wedding reception. Pretty standard really. Food, drinking, dancing FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!! They played Indian music and we ate Indian food and drank Indian wine..haha. The music was great...in fact it was so great I'm pretty sure I did a toe touch at some point in time. That's how crazy it got.

Hey, at least I had cute underwear on. Enclosed are some pics. I'm not gonna lie...I don't remember ever taking any of them, but hey, I must have kicked myself in the head when I did that toe touch.

Can't get the pics...maybe tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home