Sunday, June 08, 2014

Day 3

I had my tonsils out when I was four. The only things I remember are being wheeled in, having a mask put on my face, the doctor saying something about smurfs and then I was out.

I also remember waking up and the nurse forcing me to drink water and I hated her. And then I puked up a lot of blood.

So, when I found out N had to have hers out I had no idea what to expect.
Why did we have her tonsils/adenoids taken out?

My daughter was never sick the first three years of her life. Honestly, maybe one fever...never an ear ache or sore throat. And then she started school.

Every other week she had SOMETHING wrong with her. It usually had to do with strep throat, which turned into an ear thing and the cycle just kept repeating itself.

She also had very bad sleep apnea and snored like an 89 year old fat man. SO LOUD. She would sometimes even stop breathing and that was ridiculous so we knew they needed to come out ASAP. Plus our pediatrician told us so.

So, here we are on day three and things seem to be going pretty well.

On the menu we have:
Popsicles,
Iceream
Pudding
and yogurt. Take your pick.

She has eaten some pizza and toast. Go figure.

She has a day bed that has another mattress you can pull out and we have been taking turns sleeping on that next to her. We had to make it very clear that this was not going to be an ongoing thing.
So, we did what any normal parents would do ¨Nora, Santa is watching you and he wants kids to sleep alone in their beds.¨

She immediately told me to leave.

Score!

She amazes me.

So proud of her ( thus far)

Tomorrow is a new day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home