Sunday, January 20, 2013

..

It rains nearly every weekend which makes it tough to do anything at all. Yesterday it was so windy I thought we were all going to blow away. Our TV antenna did. It was the quietest our building has been in ages. I think since no one could watch TV they all went to bed. It was glorious! This morning we took a walk downtown and it started to rain. Which reminds me, we need to get a new stroller. N will be three, but kids are in strollers a lot longer here because we walk miles a day! Anywho, so, she wanted to carry the umbrella and NOT sit in her stroller with the plastic over it. Parenting is tricky. I am very strict I will admit and I do NOT like taking crap from my daughter. I am not one of these ¨nice¨ mothers that is like, ¨Ok honey¨ but more one of these mothers like ¨bend over and I will spank you.......¨ N can be very stubborn a lot of the times and a bit manipulative so this is where it gets tricky. Do I just sing her the three songs that she wants me to sing before naptime (that are only supposed to be sung at night time) or do I let her cry for two hours about it? Obv sing, right? The other day I undressed her for the bath and I had to get her dressed again so SHE could undress herself, or else she would have cried all night long. I´m trying to figure out that fine line of ¨WHO is actually in charge here?¨ and how to maneuver my way through a day without my daughter having an hysterical hissy fit every five minutes. Ideas? Thoughts?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home