Sunday, December 18, 2011

Joseph´s Lullaby

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PytP9XPhP1g

What great song that I´d never heard before. We don´t think about Joseph´s perspective that often. His son was the savior of the world. Pretty intense stuff. Sometimes I wonder what they used to talk about? Probably not so much girls or sports. More like saving the world from their sin. I wonder to what capacity Joseph even understood Jesus? Was their relationship a good one? I´m sure it was. I mean it was Jesus. WWJD, right?

It must have been hard for Joseph to watch Jesus grow up and know that he would one day have to suffer(for a good cause of course).

I think it´s hard for any of us to imagine being Mary or Joseph. Actually, I think it´s impossible. We can try all we want, but we will NEVER know what it was like to have been His PARENT while He was living on this Earth..

As I looked at the pictures of that video it made me sad to think N´s hands were once that small. It´s like when you see baby pictures of your child you feel like you are running up a large sandy hill trying to reach the top to make time stop and you can´t quite make it. Just for a moment longer...be still....be a baby....but my baby will soon be 2 and I blinked for only a moment.

What can a mother do? We can´t go back in time...so I must push forward and enjoy each step of the way and all of the phases that will be her life. Until the next baby comes......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home