Sunday, December 11, 2011

104

Antonio´s grandma died on the 10th at the age of 104 years old. Oldest person I have ever met! Think how much the world had changed since she was born 104 years ago. Heck, it´s changed a lot since the 80´s...can you even imagine? I phone? Overwhelming I´m sure.

My first funeral-cemetary experience here in Spain. Antonio´s uncle is a priest so the funeral was at his church....lots of people! I´d say that part is pretty much the same. I also hear that do not embalm here that´s why the funeral has to happen ASAP. I´m glad it was a closed casket. Caskets are a bit different here... wood and tear shaped...and small!

Now the cemetary.....that is a different story. It´s like there are social classes even in death!!!!!!!! Rich, normal, poor!

Rich...it was like a village of what you would think of big Southern houses but in mini version with huge white pillars in the front etc. Incredible.

Normal: Pretty nice white marble head stones with their names and the date. Weird part.....there is like one hole for the whole family. So, Antonio´s grandma was placed on top of her sister and husband. I looked in the hole when they opened it. The wood caskets were gone and it was like bones..I guess with time the caskets just disappear. WEIRDNESS!!!!!!!

And poor: Well, that was just sad. It was like a Dickens novel from 1845 or something. Holes in the side of the wall..no name, no nothing. Just dirt.

And that my friends is what we all become after death. Doesn´t matter where they bury me cuz I ain´t gonna be there. I´ll be in Heaven rocking the dance floor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home