Saturday, June 18, 2011

16 months.

My sweet baby girl Nora,

Well, I don't know if I should say baby, you are practically a woman now! Your weight is finally tapering off, which I think is a good thing otherwise we might have to send you off to Japan and enroll you in some sort of Sumo wrestling camp for toddlers..(around 29 to 30 lbs). You recently had your fifteen month shots and you were the youngest/biggest one there. You can crush any other kid at the park like a bug if it came down to that....ha! Yes, we know you are big. And moving on...

This past month I was away from you for ten days because I had to make a quick trip to America and I can't even believe how much bigger you seemed when I got back. I can't imagine what my friends and family are going to think of you after not seeing you for an entire YEAR. Just ten days and I was amazed. You are speaking more words and are much more expressive about the things you want (and don't want). Your newest thing is blowing kisses to the cross every time we pass a church. Love that.

You still eat anything and everything in sight, are sleeping 11 hours at night and take two one hour naps during the day. You love music, animals and other kids. Still miss Social Butterfly.

Before I left you only wanted to be with me. When I came out of the doors at the airport you were not so sure about me. I picked you up but you instantly reached for Daddy (Ouch). Ya, that lasted about five minutes. Now you ONLY want to be in my arms twenty four seven. This is a problem considering its 2000 degrees and you weigh a zillion lbs. However...I secrelty love that you only want to be with me...hehe. I have to cherish these moments because I know you will soon be giving me " the hand."

I weaned you this month. Bye bye boobies! It's been a good run and I enjoyed it while it lasted. You still like to cuddle with me before bed which is amazing.

You LOVE books and are constantly going into your room and getting them off the shelf.

You run around the house like a crazy lady and I love hearing your little feet patter on the wood floor. Such a happy happy girl.

You dive head first into the little pebbles at the playground and you think it's hilarious. We have to go there at night right before bathtime because you are covered with lots of dirt afterwards.

You like to watch cartoons

and Dolly and Dora are still your favorite partners in crime.

You climb on and off chairs, beds, and sofas like it ain't no thang. You're a pro for sure!

You love to wear lots of bracelets and many girly things (pretties in your hair). You still only have eight teeth but I can see two more popping through!!

I am so blessed to have you as my own. Happy 16 mths monkey.

Love you always,
Mama

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home