Monday, March 21, 2011

Peggy Sue´s

I had a lot of fun this weekend. Friday night with the magician and Saturday was Father´s day here in Spain. Hard to believe it´s his second one. Are we old enough to be parents?! We also decided no gifts...there comes a point when a couple has to decide when to buy gifts..between anniversaries, birthdays and holidays we´d go broke. I think we kinda decided on Birthday´s and Christmas.

Then on our morning walk on Sunday we walked past this really cute American Diner called Peggy Sue´s. I had never seen it before..probably because it´s only a week old! So, A and I decided to go for lunch. It was so cute!!!!! I felt like I stepped right into the 50´s. They had a cute menu and things were called Frank Sinatra´s and Aretha Franklin´s. ha! Also, there was an old TV with old commercials, juke boxes and they even gave us a giant gumball on the way out. I personally liked the BIG coke bottles. I don´t know what it is about Europe, are people less thirsty or something? Coke bottles are like 1 4th the size and I really want to ask for three. Who drinks like a shot glass of liquids? It´s just strange. SO I was elated when I filled my glass and had a half of bottle of coke left. Isn´t it sad that I get so excited about these things???!!!!!!!!! And the dessert......holy crap it was amazing. Brownies, Carrot Cake, Cheese Cake, Apple Crumble (these are NOT available in Spain) so I really wanted to order one of each! We settled on the carrot and cheese cake. Heavenly!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anywho, again, I get excited about very small things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home