Friday, October 03, 2014

One for the record books.

At 8:15 a.m. this morning I was laying on my bed and my mother in law was giving me an enema.

I bet you cannot say the same.

Let me just back up for a second.

As you know, we are having some fertility issues and this summer I was going to get an HSG done to see if my fallopian tubes are blocked or not and it cost five thousand dollars. Obviously, I did not get it done in the States.

I waited until today, in Spain and it cost 132 euros. Bit of a difference.

For this procedure I needed to have blood drawn beforehand, take an antibiotic AND have an enema a few hours before.

I´d never had an enema before. I am no longer an enema virgin.

SO, I have one friend who has done one before at home and she said it´s hard to do it yourself because you have to lie down on your side and then like squeeze all the liquid in from behind and A)it´s hard to squeeze alone and B)It´s hard to get ALL the liquid in before you want to poop.

The night before my MIL asked me if I want her to do it and I said ¨No, absolutely not.¨ Then, she had to come over and take N to school anyways, since I was going to do the enema and I was like ¨eh, what the heck.¨ So ya, today my MIL saw my butt hole and stuck something up it. And looked at it for awhile while she was squeezing liquid up there. Now THAT is love folks. Or just sheer creepiness.

The procedure was fine and it did not hurt at all, although I really do prefer female doctors when it comes to this sort of thing. Sorry guys, but you are just clueless. I ALWAYS have like 70 year old men and it´s not that I think they are bad doctors, I just think they CANNOT relate to what we women are going through because THEY DO NOT HAVE VAGINAS.

He was asking me if I was uncomfortable and if I was nervous. Umm, ¨yes and yes¨ Lets´see, my vagina is in the face of some RANDOM stranger that I have never met and you are RAMMING things into my insides. It does not feel great.

Any-who , the results were excellent and I am so happy and relieved.

Let the search continue.
ps. Two things that are bothering me right now:
1. Guys shaving and waxing their legs. It looks ridiculous.
2. They do not wear gloves here while taking blood. I probably have AIDS now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home