Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Giving Tree

I like to give. A lot.

There is no better feeling than seeing the receiver´s face.

I do not have a lot to give. But when I can I do.

A long time ago my pastor at church did a pretty cool and simple demonstration.  He had ten one dollar bills and took one away and said, ¨This is all that God asks of you every month. Just ten percent, nothing more nothing less.¨

Anyways, so sometimes it´s hard to know who to give to. There are so many homeless beggars in Seville but are they going to use my money for drugs or alcohol? Of course I don´t want that.

So, I would say for the past 1.5 years there has been this man sitting in front of a coffee shop I go to sometimes. That´s the thing, everyone has their own ¨spot¨ and they are there day in and day out.

I´m not talking about a few hours a day I´m talking about SITTING in the same spot from 8am to 10pm. Every.Single.Day.

Can you even imagine that?

His sign says that he has three kids (I would say he is about 50ish) and he is a foreigner, I think from Russia. So, he probably can´t work even if he wanted to because he has no papers.

Recently I have been thinking about this man so much and my heart is heavy for him and his family. About two weeks ago I put a euro in his hat and he was just so appreciative. He has the prettiest blue eyes and the kindest face.  Maybe he was a store owner or a shoe maker in his own country? Shoes. Ya. I can see him making shoes.

So, today I gave him 5 euros. I mean, 5 euros, that´s not even really that much, but he KISSED my hand and was like THANK U THANK U THANK U. It just broke my heart.

I pray for him often and I pray that God will help him and his family.

As I walked away I just felt so THANKFUL for all that I have.

Everyone is going through tough times right now but at least I have a roof over my head, foot to eat, and I do not have to sit in the street for twelve hours a day begging for pennies.

When was the last time you gave?

It feels good. You won´t regret it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home