Thursday, October 10, 2013

La Gitana

It´s been a crap morning.

I was walking to work and I always stop at McCafe to get a café latte. (There used to be a Starbucks but they moved it...boo hoo)


So, every morning I pass this Gitana ¨Gypsy¨ that wants to read your palm and give you Romero leaves.

She asked for a ¨cafelito¨ so I said I would buy her one.


She has four kids ranging from ages 10 to 3 months and the little one is sick with Bronchilitis as she called it.

So, Gitanas are very persuasive and I knew she was going to ask for money to read my palm. That´s fine. A cafelito is not going to buy her groceries.

So, she read both palms and blessed me and said some pretty interesting, on point things.

My morning was looking up and I was feeling good about myself and about the things to come.

And then asked for ten euros each palm.

20 euros is like 28 dollars.

I gave her TEN euros which is outrageous, but I suppose that can be my tithing for the month.

Maybe I made her day.

I know she made mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home