Sunday, June 09, 2013

Estate Sale.

Yesterday was my grandparents estate sale.

Property, houses, tractors, tools, furniture, you name it..........it had to go.

My grandparents lived in Attica, Indiana on a beautiful piece of land built next to a creek and a covered bridge.

I have so many memories from their town and their house.

When we were little my cousins and I used to wade in the creek and look for bugs, worms, etc. Such an adventure when you are small.

I can see my grandmother in the kitchen making her delicious pies or us sitting at  the table playing card games. She loved cards and she was a tough cookie to beat!

Or, I can see my grandpa sitting in his rocking chair reading the evening paper.

We used to ride bikes and see how fast we could go down the hill or feed the neighbors dog a hot dog when it came over for a visit. I´m sure they loved that.

I went to their house last summer and I didn´t know it would be the last time I´d watch the humming birds feed from the kitchen window, or see a deer looking for his dinner, or rock in my grandmother´s chair enjoying the view.

It´s the end of an era. A day that we knew we would have to face sometime but you pray that day never comes.

The most vivid image I have is of my grandparents standing in the driveway waving goodbye as we would head home from another lovely visit.

I can´t believe they are gone.

Good thing I have memories to last me a lifetime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home