Sunday, July 01, 2007

Summer Lovin'

You KNOW I'm working at Charlotte Russe again at the mall. Now don't be going and getting all jealous. My manager is 19. SWEET. Today the cutest little boy I've ever seen who was three yrs. old (maximum age) came up to me and said, " What's up baby?" I almost wet myself. He then told his mommy that I looked like the princess of his dreams. His name was Carlos Jr.

I've been so busy. I'm just, tired. But not tired enough to go watch my dad dominate tonight at this cute little bar right by our house. He was singing and playing the piano. I WISH I had my camera with me because the sign outside even said " Lyle Fisel." Good times! Karaoke is WAY better probably when you're hammered. Since I don't even really drink (eye roll) no, really, (cough) Stop that! I'm serious! (she is serious) it was hilarious for me to just watch all of these people. When did it become acceptable to show up in public places wearing wife beaters and sweats? A wife beater is NOT a shirt, it's an under shirt. I repeat, a wifebeater is NOT a shirt. It's not the main shirt anyways. I think someone should tell men this. Or maybe they should be included with a tag that reads: warning, not suitable to be worn alone, may cause serious public embarrassment. Honestly people, something needs to be done about that.

On my way home a cop pulled up behind me and followed me almost the entire way. Don't you just hate that? I was convincing myself I was hammered and he was going to pull me over and I would lose my license for life. (I had one drink) I started sweating and I noticed I touched the yellow line a little bit. Then a bug totally buzzed in my ear and it was all I could do not to swerve and hit a nearby tree. After going EXACTLY the speed limit for a good 5 minutes (which is SO nerve-racking) he turned around in someone's driveway. What cop turns around in driveways? Weird. Thats IN for ya.

People talk about guns here a lot. That's weird too.

Oh culture shock. Gotta love it. No...I know what I love...mullet men with wifebeaters. Now that is hot.

1 Comments:

Blogger katie holt said...

hey! i'm so excited that you're home! i got your wedding invitation and i think it's hysterical that you've been in two weddings so far. so great! (not jealous)

i need to call you back, it's been a fabulous weekend. (we'll use the word 'fabulous' in place of something else temporarily.) i think i'm going to wear a tshirt that says, 'i survived the iphone.'

i'm hoping to get to come home for your wedding but i don't know if i'll be able to escape as of yet. i'm working on it!

don't you love being 26, having a college degree and working in a MALL. it brings meaning to my life. I too have a 19 year old manager who makes me want to punch myself in the face daily. good times! how long are you home for?

12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home