Monday, October 22, 2012

Do you ever just feel like you can´t keep up? Life is just kicking you in the shins over and over and over again? My house seems like a disaster and I feel like all I do is clean. My daughter´s hair is ratty and she has dried snot on her face, I´m constantly grooming her like a mother Ape. People complain at work, but to my face they tell me everything is GREAT! And the list goes on and on... This past week was really hard because A got the stomach bug and was vomiting ( I must say guys puke SO LOUDLY) and then Nora has had the worlds worst cold and started puking up snot that same day. She went to the doc and has red ears and throat so she´s on special meds now. Every night I´m so freaking tired because she has been coughing like every two hour non.stop no matter what medicine I give her or how much Vicks Vapo I rub on her chest! It´s been a week of sad thoughts like, ¨Maybe she´d be better off with a different mom than me.¨ Thoughts of, ¨I´m not cut out for motherhood.¨ And things of that nature. But then I think back to the first second I saw her and how much love and simple joy I felt at that moment. I remind myself I CAN DO THIS and ask God for patience EVERY SINGLE DAY to not be a yelling, nasty mother, but a calm collective nice mother(easier said than done!) I looked at the flowers, chocolates, and BOTTLE of Bailey´s my husband bought me (Thanks babe!) and smiled at all the love we have for one another. In the words of my hubs, ¨I never imagined how happy I could be with a family and fortunately, I´m living out that dream by your side.¨ The laundry may not be done, the house may be a mess, but our hearts are happy, healthy and full of love. The other stuff can wait.

1 Comments:

Blogger andreaallan said...

Aww, Feese! I think everyone feels like crap when they lose their patience with their kids or feel like expectations aren't being met. I did realize, through personal experience, the person who is setting those high expectations is you! Loosen up on yourself- you're a damn good Mom!

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home