Wednesday, May 23, 2012

lil Picasso

I haven´t had a comment since March. Sweet. So, there´s officially nothing for kids to do here. Granted, I never wanted to be one of those moms who put her kids in yoga, karate, math, ballet, sky diving and supermarket sweep grocery shopping at the age of two, but going to the park a zillion times a day is getting a BIT old. I just wanted to mix it up a bit or at least have options. SO I just happened to stumble upon this art class for kids N´s age which is awesome since she LOVES to paint and color. She´s really not interested in anything else at the moment besides stamps, coloring, stickers, painting and more coloring. SO we went tonight and she loved it. It´s only every Wed for an hour so I think it´s perfect for her to be adventuresome and try something new. Of course today of all days she decided not to nap which made for some interesting moments but we made it through. Back to my previous point...I think parents are under so much pressure these days to HAVE THEIR KIDS INVOlvEd or BE IN SCHOOL at the time of birth. Well guess what? I wasn´t in crazy activities when I was little or have play dates every second. It was called playing outside in the grass, or the sandbox or the sprinkler and BEING A FREAKING KID! Did I mention the lady at the art place opened the door with a kid hanging from her boob (exactly Nora´s age) Maybe they were on the TIME cover? Anyways, yes I think it´s important for N to be around other kids but am I going to pay to put her in daycare (when I´m home most of the time) so she can ¨interact with other kids¨ um, no. I think she´s doing just fine Thank You Very Much!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kendall said...

I have the same views as you do. My 3 and 1 year old are fine doing what I was doing as a kid. That being said, they both start swim lessons on July 1 but other than that, we play outside, go to the park, do arts and crafts inside and outside our home, go explore places, play at indoor places, etc. They are all pretty much happy to do anything. Daycare is definitely not a necessity.

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home