Thursday, April 26, 2012

On Malta

So, A and I just got back from our Saturday to Tuesday vacation to Malta. We had only been away from N for ONE night during her whole 26 months of life when we went to a wedding in September. (I have been away while in the USA but never both of us at the same time). It made me really nervous, but knowing that his parents would take crazy good care of her and she would still be able to stay in her own environment made me feel better. Apparently she was a perfect angel. Go figure. A and I really want to start planning at least a once a year get-away for just the two of us. It´s definitely important for couples to ¨reconnect¨ and we hadn´t been on a trip since Milan, 2009. (Too long!) There´s always an excuse as to why we don´t travel more...mainly money at this point...but we found our flights PLUS 3 nights in a hotel for 240 euros. Total! It was awesome! Thanks Ryanair! In 2.5 hours we were there. Voilah. I must admit it was really nice not having to worry about ANYTHING! Here are some things I noticed about Malta: ALL of the rooms at our hotel were smoking. How is this even possible in 2012? ME NO LIKEY! I woke up every morning feeling like I had black lung. We went to see HUNGER GAMES movie (which I LOVED) and I swear this theatre is the BIGGEST I´ve ever seen. 750 people...amazing! HOLY HIGH HEELS. I couldn´t believe it. We aren´t talking heels we are talking stilettos...all the girls starting around 12 years old. They are NOT messing around. (Too bad they couldn´t walk in them and I also saw a lot of barefoot girls!) If you can´t hack it don´t do it! HOLY SHORT SKIRTS and HELLO butt cheeks. Our hotel was in the ¨going out region¨ but still. It makes me kind of sad that girls don´t have more respect for themselves and their bodies. Gosh I´m old. They had Dr. Pepper and Cadbury Chocolate which I noticed right away. Needless to say I was in HEAVEN! There was a boy on our flight that had the biggest earlobes I´d ever seen. COULDN´T.LOOK.AWAY. It was seriously intense. They left the chairs out at night at the bars..I was surprised! Lots of fast drivers and loud music. All in all...fabulous!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home