Monday, July 18, 2011

17 mths.

My Dear Nora,

Today you turn 17 mths old and are still hovering over the 29-30 lb. range. You are probably about six ft. tall:O)

It seems as though my heart is bursting with love for you more than ever before. Watching you is my favorite past-time these days. I love to watch your face as you are concentrating on something and trying to figure out how it works. You wrinkle your little nose and make fish lips. How can I handle this much cuteness?

I can´t even really express with words the joy that you have brought into our lives and the lives of those around you.

You are so funny and lively and you make everyone smile. Lately you blow kisses and wave bye bye to everyone you see on the street. Today a man was cleaning his shop window and you ran over and blew him a kiss and waved ¨dios¨ (adios).

I love to watch you run. You have total kangaroo arms and you stick your butt out and arch your back. I have no idea how you stay up-right.

You are obsessed with cleaning. It´s hilarious. You are always wanting to clean the walls or any surface with one of your wipes and you get VERY upset if I try to take it away from you. You also love to sweep and pick up things and put them in the trash. Clean on!

Your hair is getting longer and curlier every day and at the moment you have EIGHT teeth coming in..(four eye teeth and four molars) Holy teeth batman! You are doing GREAT with it and I salute you little one.

I love your belly. It´s a little budah belly and I want to just rub it all day long for luck. I´m also in love with your thighs and we have a wedding planned for later this summer.

The other week we went to the beach and you LovED it. You were rolling around like a little crazy lady in the sand and you squealed with delight every time a wave touched you. I can´t even get over your skin. I got burnt at the beach (putting 30 on) and you did not...you are a brown, brown bear!!!

These past few weekends we´ve gone to the campo to use the pool and you LOVE the water. We´ve definitely got a water bug on our hands. I love how you aren´t afraid of anything (yet) and you are SO fearless. You were already wanting to JUMP OFF THE LEDGE into our arms!!

This month we had a hip appointment and the doctor says you are much better. Only one last appointment in Oct. just to make sure. I´m so happy that you are healthy and perfect.

You still love to eat anything and everything in sight and are taking two naps a day. I´m thinking we might transition to one soon. One long one in the afternoon, perhaps?

In two weeks we are going to the USA so you can see all of mommy´s friends and family. I´m sure you will be the entertainment on the airplane. You stop and dance any time you hear music. You still love animals and are obsessed with churches, the Virgin Mary, and the cross. You blow non-stop kisses when you see any of the three. We think you are going to be a nun or a dancer:O)

You went to a wedding with your grandparents last weekend and I think the bride may have been jealous. You were much prettier and more entertaining:O)

I love you so much and I´m so happy you are in our lives.

Happy 17 months monkey.

Love always,
Mama

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home