Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The look

Sometimes as a mom you just want to scream, slap someone in the face, and then scream again. I might actually feel a lot better if I did that. Perhaps I should try it sometime. Now who to slap? Today I had the perfect candidate!

There are days when every child in the universe is ¨that¨ child. Ya know, one big hot mess. It´s not even for an entire day or a few hours, it might just be a matter of minutes when your child fits into the category of hot mess. What describes a hot mess? Crying, snotty nose, dirty clothes, flailing of the arms..are only a few of the characteristics that fit into the hot mess category.

Nora was a hot mess on the tram today. And on the walk home.

As I was ALMOST home I got ¨THE LOOK¨ from this lady. You ALL know what I´m talking about. That look that says, ¨She is not fit to be a mother, I´m calling child services as soon as I get home. Her child is screaming, has filthy dirty pants AND a snotty nose. Why doesn´t she pick her up? She´s a TERRIBLE MOTHER!¨


JUST with her look I got all that (and yes, she is the slap candidate of the day.)

Well, guess what lady? She was crying because she was tired and I was going home to put her to bed. She has a snotty nose because she´s getting over a cold AND her pants are dirty because I let her play and walk around and she fell into a puddle. And no, I cannot pick her up because she weighs nearly thirty lbs and I can´t carry her AND push the stroller. And I am a Go& Dam& good mother so back the Fu&% off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah, that´s better.

1 Comments:

Blogger Paige said...

lol :P

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home