Monday, March 28, 2011

Thumb Sucking

Ah, the magical thumb. It´s so soothing, so delicious, so slippery when wet. I sucked mine until I was five or six and even then my parents had to put socks on my hands at night because most of the time I started sucking it w out even realizing.

Nora´s just like her mommy. Well, almost. She never wanted a paci...which is funny since I have a box of about fifteen of them...unused. She could never quite figure out how to keep it in her mouth..which is fine by me and then when she figured out the hand coordination she started to suck her thumb. I thought it was cute. She mainly just did it when she was tired and she would stroke her hair so I knew it was either naptime or bedtime. Whenever I caught her doing it at other times I would pull it out and say, ¨not now¨ and she didn´t seem to mind.

About two weeks ago I realized that she STOPPED sucking her thumb. OMG I haven´t seen it in her mouth..that´s so weird! She was doing it yeterday why isn´t she doing it now? She just stopped. Over night. Cold turkey. This kid is amazing.

I hate to disappoint you Nora but NO SOCKS on your hands for you! (Unless you want to?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home