Monday, July 19, 2010

5 months


Dear Nora,
Today you are five months old and are weighing in at exactly 20 lbs! You are still a big girl, but have tapered off a bit! This past month seems like it's been a really long month since we've been so so busy.

This month you travelled with me all the way across the ocean to Indiana to see our friends and family here. You did so great on the plane I can't even believe it. You pretty much slept 7 out of the 9 hours and hardly ever cried. Thank you Lord!

Everyone was offering to hold you and I took them up on that offer when I had to go to the bathroom. Of course you had a blowout on the plane and got pooh all over your pj's. I just threw them away..not worth the clean up! I fed you in the bathroom stall which was hilarious. You were looking around like " where the HECK are we?"

Nana and Pa are so happy to spend time with you and so is the rest of the family and my friends:) It's taken you a bit of time to get adjusted to the time change and I'm kind of sad about the loss of nap times, but I suppose it's all worth it in the end:)

You are so alert and active and want to grab absolutely everything, not to mention put it in your mouth! You've met a few of my friends dogs this trip and they have even licked your face and your hands. You didn't seem to mind too much.

You seem to have rediscovered squealing mode and love to screech and yelp constantly. You love hearing your own voice:)

You celebrated your first fourth of July American style and you had the attire to go with it. You were sleeping by the time the fireworks started, but I'm pretty sure you would have hated them since you are still terrified of loud noises! You cried during your first thunderstorm!

You've gotten to meet lots of mommies friends babies and you kind of just stare at them and sometimes even hold their hand. You are so sweet.

You are getting more hair and have a whispy mohawk now. I love it! You have the darkest eyes in the world and every day you get cuter and cuter. I can't handle it! Everyone here in America likes your earrings:)

You finally like your carseat and fall asleep most of the time in the car. Nana and Pa got you a new stroller and you love it of course. You still love being outside!
We talk to your daddy on skype and you look around like " where is that voice coming from?" We miss him SO much and can't wait until he gets here!

You still only have two bottom teeth, but I think you are teething again and I'm just waiting for more to pop out! You love playing with your rings and esp. chewing on them!

Recently we have been travelling lots and I just plop you on the ground on top of a blanket and you fall right to sleep. (The ground has carpet of course) The other night while we were visiting family I put you to sleep on your tummy on a blanket in the corner and I woke up around 6am to check on you...you had flipped over and were staring contently at the ceiling not making a sound. HILARIOUS!!!!!!! I guess you can roll over now too......please do it while I can watch! Apparently you can "scoot" too. I put you down for your nap and when I came back you were UNDER the bed. OMG this is too much fun.

Can't believe how fast five months have passed by and am so looking forward to many many more. Just keeps getting better and better. Happy 5 months monkey butt. Love u!
Mama

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home