Thursday, July 15, 2010

ode to wildwood acres

So, up until the age of 11 I grew up in this fantastic neighborhood called wildwood acres. I have the greatest memories of playing with my friends, riding our bikes around, swimming, trick or treating etc. SOOOOOOOOOO yesterday I decided I was going to park the car in that neighborhood and show Nora my old stomping grounds.

I decided that if the people that live in my childhood home were outside I was going to ask if I could go in. Outrageous? Yes. Awesome? Totally! Unfortunately, no one was home, BUT my childhood friend just happened to be pulling up in the driveway and I'm all, "Do you know who I am? " And he's all, "Is that Sara Fisel? Don't you live in Spain?" And I'm all, "YES, but now I'm here, walking around...." and I went inside. His mom was my nanny for me for several years while growing up so it was GREAT to see her.

Sometimes I wish Nora could grow up in a neighborhood as fabulous as wildwood acres....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home