Sunday, May 27, 2007

wedding season has begun






Well, it´s about that time. Yesterday I went to my first Spanish wedding. It was fun, and a lot of hard work. Here everything is stepped up a notch..or 2 , or 32. Not being in the wedding but just going to the wedding I had to go to the salon and get my hair and make-up done..and nails of course. I borrowed an outfit from a friend because I didn´t want to spend a zillion dollars. The shoes, bag, etc..ya, those all have to match. Pretty intense, I know.


So, I was at the salon for two hours and I was reminded of the other two times I went to the salon here and how much I hated it. Going to the salon equals torture and pain here. I´m used to my fabulous hairdresser at home who is always so nice and gentle with my head. Not here. I´m surprised I still have hair. They washed it and so much soap went into my ear I couldn´t hear for two days. She was scrubbing it so hard I think she thought my head was a washboard or something. Then she didn´t really use conditioner so when she was brushing it out she was basically just ripping it out and my head looked like a wobble head you put on your dash. Also, I have the most sensitive head in the world so it was just not pleasant. THEN she put these rolly spongy things in my hair and ..it just hurt. So basically I was in pain for two hours, but I think the final product turned out ok.


Then it was make-up and nails. No real pain there. Although the girl didn´t like the makeup the first time she did it on my eye so she took a baby towlet and started scrubbing it off..ya that burns.


The wedding and reception itself are pretty much the same. A few differences, but overall the same concept. The church was beautiful and pretty much anyone can come in and out the whole time the service was going on so that´s funny. Also, people don´t really go into the church, half of Antonio´s friends were at the bar across the street. How hilarious is that?


There was lots of food and a dancing horse show at the beginning...kind a cool. Then, the dancing and bar were outside at the end of the night right next to the horse stables. Poor horsies!


I went barefoot the whole night. I was known as the barefoot lady because my feet were killing me. Apparently spanish women wear their shoes no matter WHAT...ya right, not me! Take those babies OFF.


For the first time in my life I feel really good about Spanish so that´s a first.


Here are some pics. Enjoy.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stacey Gibson said...

love you very coordinated, borrowed outfit...and your bald lip....nice....you're too funny Sara....i miss you.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home