Thursday, May 24, 2007

Tell it like it is

Man, these latinos are some pretty blunt people. There are no reservations what-so-ever to go on ahead and tell it like it is. I think it´s hilarious and most of the time I appreciate it. ...besides that one time when someone told me I looked ¨rounder.¨ That was awhile though (and I obviously haven´t gotten past it.) ha.

So, Rosy is the new girl that I´m ¨training¨ and I love her! We have become fast friends. At any rate, today she looked at me and said, ¨You need to wax your moustache.¨ I instantly covered my mouth and said, ¨No I don´t!¨ (But I secretly had been planning on doing it this week). And then I said, ¨We´ve only known each other a week and you´re already comfortable enough to tell me to wax my moustache? Is that kosher?¨ And then hours of laughter followed. I´ve gotta give her credit though. I wish I could be more like that. I think we as Americans definitely aren´t blunt, and if someone is blunt they are considered rude and obnoxious. I think that´s why I appreciate it so much here cuz everyone is that way, it´s nice, refreshing...and sometimes devestatingly embarrassing. I would probably have to muster up the courage for weeks to tell someone like, oh, say my mom she needs to wax her stach and I´ve known her for 26 years!

So cheers to all of you latinos for being so blunt. By the way, if you want my moustache it´s for sale on e-bay. 350,000.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home