Friday, February 03, 2012

....

Today was a terrible horrible no good day. It was a day that the stars were definitely not aligned and the toddler God´s were roaring there ugly heads towards moi.

I´ve decided I can´t take Nora anywhere. At least not during this ¨I¨m going to be an A hole kid¨ phase. (You know I´m kidding parents. Kind of.)

I eat breakfast at the same place every morning with Nora. (I feed her at home before we go). I feel like I´m prepared with coloring books and shiny new crayons, not to mention a stellar Elmo book and plenty of toys. None of these will suffice. Instead she feels the need to run around like a crazy lady and then ¨sit down¨ on the chair only to be on her knees and tip the wooden chair backwards onto the tile floor causing a deafening ¨BANG¨ and all eyes on moi.

I decided to then go to the bank because I needed to pay the light bill. There was a big billboard ¨man¨ and she kept kicking it and punching it. Awesome.

Then the supermarket. This was a whole new world of Toddler maniac ness.

Then she cried All. The. Way. Home. (walking) while everyone is staring at us. I´m holding four grocery bags with a screaming toddler in tow. I mean, she doesn´t just cry she WALES like someone is ripping her finger nails out one by one.

We enter the house...I´m crying at this point, she´s crying and it´s just a ridiculous wheepy mess. Defeat. Defeat as a mother. There are days when I don´t think I´m cut out for this. I don´t have the patience. Maybe she´s not happy? Maybe I´m not loving enough?

And then I remembered she´s turning two in two weeks.

They don´t call them ¨terrible two´s¨ for nothing.

p.s. I´d also like to mention that I do not understand the mothers who it seems theier days are filled with rainbows and butterflies. They must smoke something before getting out of bed in the morning....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you had a bad day, but your description of the "I'm going to be an A hole kid" phase was awesome! Randy's going to get a kick out of that quote. It made me laugh so hard to hear someone finally say out loud what we've thought! Haha! Thank you!! :)
Sara
Oh, and by the way, you rock as a mom!

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home