Sunday, February 19, 2012

2 Years!

Dear Nora,

Today you turn two and it always sounds so cliché and I´ve said it a million times but...I can´t believe it!!!!!! It seems like there are less hours in the day and that the Universe is playing a terrible trick on me. Weren´t you JUST born??? I look at the pictures of your first day of life and they seem like yesterday. It was raining when we were in the hospital and I remember being up with you at 5am staring out the window, seeming like we were the only ones awake in the whole world, staring into your big brown eyes. Just me and my girl. My daughter. I was a mother. Thanks for that.

You are weighing in at 35 lbs! Holy hugeness. You always want me to carry you around which is great for the arms, not so much the back. You still sleep 11 hours at night and an 1.5 nap during the day.

Your speech has really taken off this past month which is fun to hear. The other day you came in with your daddy and said, ¨Mama, where are you?¨ You count to ten, but usually skip the number 4 and 7. You know the majority of your animals, we´re working on the colors (you´ve got orange though!) and you know circle and triangle thanks to Dora. I sing the Alphabet to you everday and you chime in on the ¨S¨ and the ¨X¨ every time. ha! You say, ¨Love you, Sorry, broken, kitchen, slippers, socks, orange, phone, book, clock, pillow, sofa, toy, jacket, backpack, bed,¨ and probably a whole lot more that I can´t remember at the moment! (Not to mention all your Spanish too!)

Most people think you are 3 or 4 because of your size...I mean, you do weigh 35 lbs!

You are such an observer and you like to have all your ducks in a row. You have to make sure everyone is taken care of at all times and accounted for too. It´s really cute and kind of OCD.Sorry. I might have given that to you...especially if you get dirty...ok, I definitely gave that to you!

You make me laugh all the time because you have ¨the look¨ that you give me. How can you be such a Diva at such a young age?

You love to dance, go to the park, music, COLORING, playing with your toys, watching Peppa, Dora, Pocoyo, Lil Bill, Wonder Pets and Elmo. (I don´t mind because you get more exposure to English this way!)

You are very sensitive and so sweet. You love to give kisses and when you are naughty and I put you in time out you say ¨SORRY MOMMY¨ and then want a hug and a kiss right away.

There are so many wonderful things that I could say about your Nora, but most of those things I will guard in my heart and keep them a secret just between the two of us.

Two years ago today you came into this world making our lives so much brighter. It seems to have meaning...a purpose. To strive to be the best mother I can be for you Miss Nora.

Love you to the moon and back. Happy Birthday Baby Girl!
Love, Mama



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home