Sunday, January 16, 2011

?

Wow, why do people feed their babies and kids junk? Americans and Spaniards...it kinda makes my blood boil. I figure Nora has her whole life to eat junk food I might as well attempt to give her healthy foods as long as possible... is my take on the whole thing. I can´t believe people give their one year olds McDonalds and sweets. Here it seems like every single day I see SEVERAL babies in their strollers with bags of cheetos or some sort of chips. Is this normal?

However, I feel like Spain has WAY healthier choices for kids to eat. In America it´s all crap..hot dogs, pasta, pizza, chicken fingers, french fries. Here it´s like lentels and fish. ha! Anywho, just a rant and I´m kinda glad Nora will grow up eating healthy! The first time she will have sweets will be on her first b day and I MIGHT give her some cake.......if she´s lucky.

I was also thinking today about how all of the crap that they say that you HAVE to buy for baby and it is is so all about marketing. Nora didn´t have any sort of walker or bouncer or swing or anything like that and she´s already walking at ten months. Just goes to show you...it´s not necessary!!!! So suck it marketers!

Back to basics is my motto when it comes to parenting. Did Jesus have an exersaucer? I think not and he was walking just fine! (He even walked on water!) Did Mary use a nipple shield? Did Jesus have a pacifier? Did Joseph have a baby Bjorn?

Back to basics mamas! Back to basics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home