Wednesday, August 18, 2010

6 months!


Dear Nora,

Today you turn 1/2 a year old and are still weighing in around 21 lbs. I like to call you my butterball turkey because that's definitely what you remind me of....or maybe a bit bigger! I'm going to have some nice arm muscles from carrying you around. Up until this point you have had nothing but mama's milk and you seem completely content with that. I'm sure you will love food too once we decide to introduce that into your diet.

Your hair is getting soooooooo long (from our point of view) and I just started putting head-bands in this month. Too bad they don't stay in for long but they sure are cute. You still only have the two teeth on the bottom but you are definitely working on those top ones. You can roll over like it is no one elses business, but we are still working on the sitting up thing. Sometimes you are a pro and other times you get so distracted that you just fall right over. Oh well! All in good time. I have a feeling you will be an early crawler too!

This month daddy finally got here from Spain and he sure did miss you. He said that you looked bigger and more "mature" haha! You gave him a big squeeze. This month you have started to hide on my shoulder and hug my neck. I love it! You love to laugh and smile and we are always making funny faces just to hear your silly giggle.

You met your cousin Charlie this month and Aunt Julie and Uncle Matt. I think you had a good time! We went up to lake MI, but you haven't touched the sand just yet. You did swim in a big pool and seemed to do okay, but I think you got tired after awhile. You also touched/ate grass for the first time which I think you really loved!

You enjoyed the sights and sounds of Chicago and we can't take you anywhere without people fussing over you. You are just too cute. We have one more week left in the USA and I think you have enjoyed meeting everyone and hearing English for these past two months:O)

Before we had you it didn't seem like anything was missing.....until you arrived and added so much more meaning and joy to our lives. Nora, you truly are such an incredible blessing to our family and we really don't know what we would do without you. Your smile has most certainly changed the outcome of someone's day and I would never change a thing about you because you are perfectly and wonderfully made just the way you are. Happy half baby girl. We love you so much!

Mama

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home