Wednesday, November 11, 2009

bah humbug

They are already putting X mas lights up etc. in the city and it just doesn´t feel like holiday time. I´m still wearing short sleeves and skirts in November! This will be my fifth Thanksgiving in Spain and first X mas here (not by choice I might add!) I might possibly die. I´ve actually kind of gotten ¨used to¨ being here for Thanksgiving but now Christmas........yikes

Today I was waiting for the bus and a girl had a grasshopper on her back and I didn´t even tell her....I wanted to watch her scream. YES! How awesome is that???? Just trying to get into the Christmas spirit early. Scrooge!

So, awhile ago I started a new job (so now I have two) and I work from 8am to 930pm most days. Talk about tired dawg. It´s hilarious though because I teach English at a University. Me. Really? Am I qualified for that? So, today I basically had to rip them a new one in Spanish. Awesome. Who would have thought I would have been yelling at a Univ class in Spanish one day? I´m so proud (tear). haha. Another class I have to prepare them for a police exam and basically I just have to speak in Spanish the whole time while teaching them English words. Again...weird. I used to get nervous for my Spanish oral exams in highschool and we basically had to talk about what we ate for breakfast. In Feb I will have been here for FIVE years! I can´t believe it!

While I was waiting for the bus to go back home (where I saw the grasshopper) Americans came to the bus-stop. There are TONS of Americans studying here.........and I want to smack them all in the face. They are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO annoying and say ¨like¨ way too many times! No wonder everyone thinks we are idiots........have you listened to American college kids lately? It´s kind of embarrassing! Oh well, I suppose we were all there at one point in time. I might just smack someone soon though...just to make me feel better!!!!! BAH Humbug!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home