Saturday, March 07, 2009

I officially have Dr. Pepper in my fridge!

So, today I convinced my husband to drive me to the Rock of Gibraltar. It's only 2 hours away...and it's awesome. It's basically like going to London for the day..passport, english accents, and phone booths to boot!
Most importantly I went for the food! I stepped into a grocery store heaven. EVERYTHING that I want and miss from the States this grocery store had. For example, Dr. Pepper, Cherry coke, Pop tarts, Cake mix, Brownie Mix, Frosting, Bagels, Cadbury chocolate, Bounce dryer sheets and possibly a few more things...but seriously? I think we will be going there much more often. Antonio was talking to me and I couldn't even concentrate..it was like I was in the clouds, floating with angels wings.

Apart from the grocery we walked around the town...basically it's separated into monkeys/humans. We skipped the monkey's today. Maybe some other day. But it's wicked. You drive there and to get to the rock you have to drive across the airport landing strip! It's wicked, very hard to explain, but awesome. Then we immediately drove to the grocery store. This place is crazy though. I kind of felt like everyone was on speed and it was WAY too crowded. Things are way too close together and I kind of felt like I couldn't breathe. But the english accents were cool and of course the Dr. Pepper made the trip well worth it. I think people don't really know English or Spanish that well so they start to speak one and when the get stuck they just switch. It will def. do your head in! Crazy!

THEN to top it all off we ate lunch at Subway..which they also don't have in Spain and it's A's absolute favorite! All in all...a fabulous day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home